Job Summary Statement:
The Export Logistics Coordinator position will complete daily Export routing of shipments. Document and maintain customer specific routing and loading instructions. Must follow and track shipments using various methods from inception through delivery. Responsible for high profile accounts. Will problem solve, define and implement processes to ensure a smooth flow of international orders.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project Management
- Coordinate with IT Department to define and implement process for tracking Export shipping orders in Oracle to ensure customer instructions process correctly.
- Implement new processes to facilitate a well-organized flow of international orders.
- Develop and maintain an efficient process flow for warehouse loading.
- Relationship Management
- Communicate routing status utilizing various methods determined by customer preference.
- Foster relationships with Carriers, Customers and freight forwarders to guarantee efficient flow of information.
- Work within cross-functional teams to effectively and efficiently expedite the export needs of Igloo.
- Heavy communications demands utilizing phone and email.
- Risk Mitigation
- Define and implement processes for resolving discrepancies from customer after shipment is received.
- Monitor cost of freight and manage the financial impact to both departmental budget and Igloo financial status.
- Logistics Coordination
- Ensure all Export orders released to Distribution Department are processed in a timely manner.
- Review booking for vessels and request necessary equipment from inland carrier to be loaded.
- Track progression with carrier on orders through Oracle.
- Make pick up appointments for all loads tendered to inland carriers.
- Provide shipping documents to freight forwarders.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience: Minimum three (3) years of Export or Freight Forwarding experience.
- Computer skills: Advanced Excel experience.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Communication skills: Strong verbal and written communication skills. Excellent phone etiquette.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiple and divide; some problem solving algebra.
- Physical Demands: Sitting for 8 hours.
- Work environment: General Office environment.
- Knowledge of Spanish preferred.
Ability to read, write and communicate orally across all levels of the organization and with customers, Ability to work in a fast paced environment, problem solver, organized, computer literate in the use of email, MS Word and MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
- WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty, and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
- WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
- WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
- WE’RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
- WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.