Job Summary Statement:
This position supervises the full cycle of accounts payable activities, month-end accruals, and GL reconciliations as well as supervising the accounts payable team.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations of the accounts payable department; supervise work of AP staff and ensure appropriate staffing.
- Monthly close and reconciliation of Accounts Payable.
- Post accounting entries to the general ledger.
- Create monthly accumulation reports for payables accruals.
- Responsible for reconciliation of various balance sheet accounts, including un-vouchered receipts.
- Reconcile Invoiced/Not Received (0305) report to the general ledger, recommend write-offs, and complete write-offs with management approval.
- Review, analyse and clear invoices that appear on invoice hold report.
- Monitor AP aging and resolve issues.
- Maximize cash discounts taken.
- Oversee and maintain proper approval for non-purchase order invoices, complying with the Igloo Financial Limits of Authority.
- Oversee, maintain and update the vendor master, including verification of federal identification numbers.
- Develop 1099 tax forms and ensure compliance to regulations.
- Ensure compliance to GAAP/IFRS regulations.
- Evaluate all uncashed checks and open payables (especially credits) and make a determination for unclaimed property filings.
- Administer all disbursement demands and maintain records for same (i.e. check runs, ACH / wire payments).
- Administer pCard program, including compiling month-end accrual data.
- Analyse vendor credit applications and resolve all vendor issues.
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors and ensure distribution of appropriate information.
- Analyse, revise, develop and implement Accounts Payable processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Work with vendors and internal staff to improve systems and resolve discrepancies.
- Coach and develop AP associates. Work with each employee individually to create performance goals and supervise progress.
- Address departmental issues relating to people and processes and develop problem resolution strategies.
- Ownership of AP audit activities including annual audit, sales and use tax audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience: Minimum (5) five years in accounts payable and/or general accounting.
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills.
- Strong follow up skills.
- Physical Demands: General Office environment.
- Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office Products: Excel, MS Word, Outlook.
- Proficient with Oracle: Payables, Purchasing.
- Supervise 2 or 3 associates.
- Able and willing to train staff as needed.
- Ability to read and analyse, and interpret various business documents.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from vendors, managers, and co-workers with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask while remaining highly organized.
- Analytical abilities to define problems, collect data, evaluate facts, draw valid conclusions, and present effective solutions.
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty, and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
WE’RE SCRAPPY - We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunities where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.