Job Summary Statement:
This position is responsible for loading and unloading trucks in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pulls and arranges stock to be ready to ship
- Maintains assigned dock locations for safety and neatness
- Reads and follows instructions listed on paperwork
- Loads and assists loaders with loading stock on trucks
- Maintains communication and accuracy with office personnel
- Follows all safety policies and procedures
- Maintains good housekeeping practices in their work area and all common areas
- Understands the escalation process in case he/she is not receiving the proper tools, training, and guidance
- Adheres to dress code and hair policy
- Complies with the company’s quality policy at all times
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance
- May be required to work mandatory overtime and/or irregular hours and/or on irregular days to complete assignments and meet business needs
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- No previous experience required
- Physical Demands:
- Able to lift a maximum of 75 lbs. multiple times a day during a 12-hour shift floor to truck height level
- Bend and stand in difficult positions up to 12 hours
- Able to push up to 75 lbs. on rollers or wheels
- Must have solid attention to detail
- Language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend either English or Spanish
- Math skills: Basic
- Work environment: Distribution environment is hot and humid in summer months, cold during winter months. High noise level requires use of hearing protection.
- Shift: Must be able to work up to 6 days a week up to 60 hours per week during peak season.
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
- WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
- WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
- WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks, and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
- WE’RE SCRAPPY- We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
- WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.