Job Summary Statement:
This position is responsible for moving product within the Distribution Center, pull and position for loading on trucks.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a forklift (Stand-Up and Sit-Down) in a safe and efficient manner; must be able to do so for a 12-hour period.
- Positions forklift over or around loaded pallets, boxes, products, or materials and transports load(s) to designated area.
- Handles complex loads which include special labelling, special placement of labelling, broad assortment of products.
- Assists in training and guiding less experienced forklift operators.
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- May inventory materials on work floor and supply workers with materials as needed.
- Weighs materials or products and record weight on tags, labels, or production schedules.
- Completes the Forklift Inspection Book/Log at the beginning of shift.
- May shrink wrap up to 60 pallets per shift.
- Reports any damage to racks, faulty equipment, or any other safety hazards to supervisor.
- Keeps working area organized and clean.
- Uses a bar code scanner gun to inventory transactions.
- Organizes and secures stored materials and parts at designated area.
- Remains current on forklift training and certification as required by supervisor, manager, and Safety department.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures.
- Exhibits regular, reliable, punctual, and predictable attendance.
- May be required to work mandatory overtime and/or irregular hours and/or on irregular days to complete assignments and meet business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: Minimum five (5) years previous warehouse/distribution experience, including stand-up forklift experience
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Ability to read labels and numbers and operate bar code scanner.
- Able to read material list to supply the assembly lines.
- Math skills: Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Physical Demands: Able to lift up to 80 lbs. Good hand/eye coordination. Able to stack four pallets high. Able to work in a fast-paced environment in a constant state of alertness.
- Work environment: Warehouse is hot and humid in summer months, cold in winter months. High noise requiring use of hearing protection.
- Overtime: must be able to work 48-55 hours per week, including weekends.
- Familiar with Manufacturing and Warehousing practices.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
- WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
- WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
- WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks, and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
- WE’RE SCRAPPY- We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
- WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.