Job Summary Statement:
The Sales Manager will manage all aspects of the business development and sales management activities with Costco International, and Costco.com. Manage and direct the accounts listed to achieve sales and profit goals. Aggressively pursue placement of all newly introduced products. Develop thorough understanding of competitive products and pricing. Build strong relationships at buyer level and all relevant positions across assigned businesses. This position will be based in the Seattle market area.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development of sales programs and presentations for assigned listed accounts.
- Development and maintenance of accounts sales forecasts and budgets.
- Monitor and present recommended product mix changes with supporting documentation/rationale to drive improved margin delivery for the company
- Design and present sales and marketing programs that drive profitable sales growth for the company
- Set short- and long-term sales strategies for each Costco International region and Costco.com.
- Maintain an awareness of the market and competitive landscape to avoid retail conflicts that compromise Igloo Products Corp.
- Proven ability to negotiate sales and margin growth with strong business acumen.
- Rely on experience, judgment, and effective communication to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Prepare sales documents and presentations that are specific to each account
- Work on Item Testing Qualifications submissions, and Item Quotes/Item setups in BPM.
- Communicate regularly (weekly at a minimum) directly to the account, provide weekly recaps, meeting recaps, etc.
- Utilize data on market provided by retailer and have national view/interpretation of the market
- Develop and deliver compelling and informative product presentations, documentation Pre-Season Line Reviews, In-Season management, and Post-Season business activities with each region.
- Work efficiently with internal staff and cross functional departments in support of delivering sales plan
- Work collaboratively with forecasting team on an on-going basis to provide SKU level projections and forecast revisions where necessary
- Travel to attend trade/sales conferences as needed and account calls. Travel related to this position is approximately 20%.
- Other duties as required
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- Experience: 3-5 years of sales experience selling consumer products to Costco/Costco Intl. Retail consumer package goods and seasonal business background a plus
- English language skills: Must be able to read, speak, write, and comprehend English.
- Math skills: Able to work mathematical concepts in the development of forecasts, budgets, pricing, etc.
- Communications Skills: Proficient in both written and verbal communication with internal and external customers on a timely matter.
- Work environment: General office environment
- Computer Skills: Extensive knowledge with PowerPoint and Excel is a must. Familiar with Costco BPM, Costco IRI (POS data)
- Strong understanding of forecasting and promotional planning
- Full understanding of direct importing as well as regular replenishment cycles and procedures
- Familiar with a variety of the field's top concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in a CPG seasonal business
- Follow-up and attention to detail are critical qualities
- Maintain a “can do” attitude, along with the ability to react to change in an expedient and positive manner
- Understanding of and effective with BPM, Costco processes.
- Understanding of both category management and fact-based selling principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
Igloo’s Code of Coolness:
- WE WIN AS A TEAM - Each of us is an expert in our role and we work together to meet our goals. We value communication, honesty and respect and operate with a high degree of integrity. Each one of us makes a difference every day.
- WE HAVE FUN - Coolers are a fun business. While we take our work seriously, we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We celebrate our successes as individuals and as a team.
- WE FAIL FAST - There are few decisions that any of us make that can’t be reversed. We take calculated risks, and we hold ourselves accountable for the results. We change course when necessary and we learn from our mistakes. We win because we’re willing to fail.
- WE’RE SCRAPPY- We treat the business as if it were our own. We do more with less and we have a high sense of urgency to meet the needs of our consumers and customers.
- WE HAVE A POSITIVE CAN-DO ATTITUDE - We see opportunity where others see risk. We go above and beyond our role to get things done for our customers and our teammates.